Emerging Professional of the Year Award
This award is intended to recognize the accomplishments of our emerging professionals who have contributed to the engineering profession and impacted society.
2020 APPLICATION: Emerging Professional of the Year
- Name of Award: ACEC Illinois Emerging Professional of the Year
- Applications: All applications for the award shall be made by anyone at firm of the Emerging Professional.
- Applications are due on or before October 22, 2019.
- All applications must be submitted electronically to Bethany Rademaker, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All applications must be complete and submitted electronically on the nomination form provided.
- The fee of $100 must be received by the ACEC Illinois Office by October 22, 2019.
Mail to: ACEC-Illinois, 5221 S. 6th St. Rd., Springfield, IL 62703
- Evaluation of Applicants: The evaluation of the applicants will be made by the Emerging Professional Awards Subcommittee of the Engineering Excellence Awards Committee.
- Criteria for Award:
- The applicant shall be employed by an ACEC Illinois member firm.
- The applicant should have 15 years or less working in the industry.
- Presentation: The Emerging Professional of the Year Award will be revealed at the Engineering Excellence Awards Gala on February 20, 2020.
About: As a licensed engineer, Mara has worked on some of the most prominent infrastructure improvements in the Chicagoland area. She led the design on the I-190 Cumberland Flyover, and the I-90 widening. She worked on the CTA Red Line Wilson Station Reconstruction, CTA Your New Blue and Red-Purple Modernization teams. She also worked on the I-80 improvements, Lakefront Trail Pedestrian Bridge and the Central Tri-State Tollway Master plan as well as design-build projects nationally.