Emerging Professional of the Year Award
2020 Emerging Professional of the Year Nominations
This award is intended to recognize the accomplishments of our emerging professionals who have contributed to the engineering profession and impacted society.
2020 APPLICATION: Emerging Professional of the Year
- Name of Award: ACEC Illinois Emerging Professional of the Year
- Applications: All applications for the award shall be made by anyone at firm of the Emerging Professional.
- Applications are due on or before October 22, 2019.
- All applications must be submitted electronically to Bethany Rademaker, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All applications must be complete and submitted electronically on the nomination form provided.
- The fee of $100 must be received by the ACEC Illinois Office by October 22, 2019.
Mail to: ACEC-Illinois, 5221 S. 6th St. Rd., Springfield, IL 62703
- Evaluation of Applicants: The evaluation of the applicants will be made by the Emerging Professional Awards Subcommittee of the Engineering Excellence Awards Committee.
- Criteria for Award:
- The applicant shall be employed by an ACEC Illinois member firm.
- The applicant should have 15 years or less working in the industry.
- Presentation: The Emerging Professional of the Year Award will be revealed at the Engineering Excellence Awards Gala on February 20, 2020.
About: As a licensed engineer, Mara has worked on some of the most prominent infrastructure improvements in the Chicagoland area. She led the design on the I-190 Cumberland Flyover, and the I-90 widening. She worked on the CTA Red Line Wilson Station Reconstruction, CTA Your New Blue and Red-Purple Modernization teams. She also worked on the I-80 improvements, Lakefront Trail Pedestrian Bridge and the Central Tri-State Tollway Master plan as well as design-build projects nationally.